Kids’ Rules for Online Safety
- I will follow family rules about how long I can be online and what sites I can visit.
- I will not post or trade personal pictures without my parents’ permission.
- I will not share my address, phone number, school name or location.
- I will use a screen name and will not share my passwords with anyone but my parents.
- I will not agree to get together with someone I meet online without my parents’ permission.
- If I do agree to meet with someone I will take a parent with me.
- I will tell my parent if any communication is scary or hurtful and I will not reply to these messages.
- I will not do anything online that will hurt other people or is against the law.
Looking for more Akron-Summit County Public Library events and programs? Check out our event calendar to learn more.