Virtual Meeting Rooms
A new virtual service easily connects local non-profit groups, units of government, and appointed or elected government officials who want to gather and communicate online. Akron-Summit County Public Library cardholders can now set up and run their own virtual meetings with support from library staff. Two virtual meeting spaces are available from the library through Zoom, a web-based software that requires a device and an Internet connection to participate. Each meeting can have up to 300 attendees, and run for up to 3 hours.
You can request a virtual meeting room using the button below.
Request A Reservation
How it works, in three easy steps:
- Receive confirmation of your virtual meeting’s day, time, and host (either you or the person you determine will host your meeting).
- Receive a Zoom link to your virtual meeting.
We provide support with your meeting:
- Fifteen minutes before the meeting start time, a library staff member will share a brief introduction of Zoom with the meeting host.
- Library staff will start the meeting for you and then exit. Staff will remain available for support should any technical issues arise.
- To reserve a virtual meeting space, you must be an Akron-Summit County Public Library cardholder and 18 years or older.
- Each meeting is limited to no more than 3 hours in length, with up to 300 participants.
- The Library’s current Meeting Room Policy applies to virtual meeting room use.
- Virtual meetings can be held during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 am - 8 pm
- Friday: 9 am-6 pm
- Saturday: 9 am-5 pm
- All requests are subject to approval. Please submit meeting room requests at least 14 days in advance.
- A virtual meeting or event must be open to the public and free of charge. No entrance fee may be charged, no donations or dues may be solicited., and no purchase may be required of those attending the meeting or event.
- The Library will not promote your meeting or event. Only the organizer’s contact information will be shared if a member of the public inquires about information or registration details for the meeting or event.