Mind, Body, & Sole: Imagine Your Story!
June 8 – August 1, 2020
This summer, make reading and exercise a part of your day—every day. Both have the power to brighten your spirit, stimulate your imagination, and improve your health. Mind, Body & Sole: Imagine Your Story! is our reading/wellness experience for the whole family to enjoy. Now more than ever, reading and exercise are important, and Mind, Body & Sole is so easy, everyone will want to join in! Take the first step to stay healthy and enjoy a happier, more productive life.
Ready to get started? Sign up online starting June 8.
We’ve created an online version of the 2020 Mind, Body & Sole summer reading program to make it easier for our customers to participate by following these instructions.
- Sign in to your MBS account with your Library Barcode and PIN and press the sign in button.
- When you enter your MBS account (for the first time only), you will be redirected to the registration page. Please fill out the information for the first participant and press the submit button.
- You will then be redirected to your MBS calendar page. This calendar will be used to keep track of days spent reading, being active, or both.
- To register more participants under your MBS account, click the “New Participants” button in the grey navigation bar. Enter the information on the register page and press the submit button. After every registration entry, you will be redirected back to your calendar. Follow this step for adding multiple participants under your account.
- All participants added will be shown in the drop down menu within the grey navigation bar. If you are managing multiple participants, the drop down window allows you to change between the different participants in your account.
- To start recording time spent reading, being active or both on your calendar, click the day of the month. Click the day once if you read that day and the day will turn green and show a book (read). Click the day twice If you have been active that day and the day will show a pair of shoe prints (active). Click the day three times if you read and are active on the same day and it will show both a pair of shoe prints and a book (read and active). See table below for icon descriptions.
- When finished, click the save button in the grey navigation bar. If you are managing multiple participants, you need to save that calendar before moving to another participant’s calendar.
- When you reach the reading and movement 26-day milestones, you will have earned a fun Mind, Body & Sole “goodie bag” available for pick-up at the Library beginning Monday, August 3. Participants will also be entered into a drawing for an end-of-summer prize basket.
|Read & Active
For those customers who want to participate as they have in years past, you can still do that, too!
Print the 2020 Mind, Body & Sole tracking calendar and keep track of your daily reading & activity. Once complete, turn it in to your local Branch library location.
When you reach the reading and movement 26-day milestones, you will have earned a fun Mind, Body & Sole “goodie bag” available for pick-up at the Library beginning Monday, August 3. Participants will also be entered into a drawing for an end-of-summer prize basket.
Celebrate Inclusion Booklist
The Celebrate Inclusion Book List is a collection of fiction, nonfiction, and biographies for children, teens and adults chosen by our librarians that promotes and embraces inclusion and understanding. After you have read a book from our Celebrate Inclusion Book List, be sure to mark a Celebrate Inclusion square on the calendar.