Do you want to know how to get ebooks on your Kindle Fire? Does it seem confusing? We can help clear up the process! You could use the OverDrive app, but you don’t have too. If you follow the instructions below, you will be reading ebooks on your Kindle Fire in no time.
- Tap to open your Silk Browser.
- In the address bar, type akronlibrary.overdrive.com
- This will allow you to see all the ebooks the library owns.
- If you have a library card, tap already have a card, sign in.
- Tap on Sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your library card number found on the back of your library card.
- Enter your PIN, which is the last four digits of your phone number unless you have changed it.
- You can tap the button along the top of your screen that says Kindle Books.
- This will narrow down the titles to ebooks with the Kindle option.
- Once you locate a book you are interested in, tap on Borrow.
- A pop up box will appear.
- Tap the Borrow button.
- A new pop up box will appear with a button that says Borrow. Tap that button.
- Another pop up box will appear that indicates success and how long the book is checked out for.
- Tap on the Read now with Kindle button.
- This will take you to amazon.com.
- If you are already not logged in or need to log in again, a page will appear asking you to enter your password.
- If you chose to save your password at some point, then you just have tap sign in.
- Make sure the deliver to dropdown menu lists the correct Kindle if you have more than one assigned to the account.
- Tap Get Library Book.
- The item will be delivered to your Kindle wirelessly.
- You should find the downloaded book on your Home screen, but if not check under the Books section.
For more information, visit OverDrive’s Help article about Kindle Fire.
by Dawn Meehan,
Manager at the Electronic Services at Main Library
Published: June 08, 2020