The Akron-Summit County Public Library system will be closed from 5 pm on Tuesday, March 17 until at least Monday, April 6. This will be subject to change as information about the virus continues to develop.
“The closure will be in service to public health and safety and will be the Library’s contribution in support of local, county, and state-wide efforts at containment,” said Executive Director Pam Hickson-Stevenson. “Information from the CDC indicates that aggressive social distancing can stop the virus from spreading exponentially. Governor DeWine has emphasized the next two weeks will be critical in slowing or stopping the spread of the virus.”
• Please do not return any library items during the closure. Book drops will be closed.
• Due dates for all items will be extended until April 13 (excluding digital content).
• Overdue fines will not accrue while we're closed.
• Items on hold will continue to be held until we reopen.
• No library card? No problem. It just takes a few seconds to sign up using your mobile number and start borrowing free ebooks and digital audiobooks from Libby/OverDrive.
We encourage our customers to take advantage of our online library resources.