Teen Creative Writing Contest 2019
Do you think you’re the next William Shakespeare, John Green, or Angie Thomas? Would you like a chance to share your original story or poem with the world? If so, you should enter the Akron-Summit County Public Library’s Teen Creative Writing Contest! Five winners will receive a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, and all authors who submit acceptable entries will get to see their writing in print in the Akron-Summit County Public Library Teen Creative Writing Contest Collection.
- All entries must be the original work of the submitter.
- Submitters must be entering grades 6-12 in the 2019-2020 school year.
- There is a limit of three entries per submitter.
- Entries are due by June 30, 2019.
- Entries should be no longer than 20 pages.
- All works longer than two pages must be typed in a Microsoft Word or Google document and submitted electronically (by email.)
- All handwritten entries must be printed and legible.
- All entries will be included in the Akron-Summit County Public Library Teen Creative Writing Contest Collection at the discretion of library staff; each submitter with an acceptable entry or entries will receive a complimentary copy mailed to their home address. Entries will not be returned, so make a copy!
- Five entries will be selected as “Judges Choice” award winners. These authors will receive a $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card.
- Whether you are submitting a paper entry or an electronic version, all submissions must contain the information on the submission form below.
* It usually takes a few months for all of the entries to be typed, edited, and put into the collection.