Native American Resources and more…
Celebrate with us and our Live Facebook event on Monday, Oct. 5, from 7-8pm
For more information about this event, please contact Special Collections. Selected Native American Resources online and at the Akron-Summit County Public Library.
The following books can be found in our Library Catalog:
- Indians of the Cuyahoga Valley and vicinity, by Virginia Chase Bloetscher, 1987.
- Krill Cave: a stratified rockshelter in Summit County, Ohio, Olaf H. Prufer, Dana A. Long, Donald J. Metzger. 1989.
- Ohio was their home, by Mary Eileen Schuler Levison, 2008.
- Atlas of Great Lakes Indian history, edited by Helen Hornbeck Tanner, et al., 1987
- The Indian tribes of Ohio, by Warren Kind Moorehead,1983.
- Ohio archaeology : an illustrated chronicle of Ohio's ancient American Indian cultures, written by Bradley T. Lepper ; with feature articles contributed by over 20 archaeologists and scholars, 2005.
- Encyclopedia of Ohio Indians, associate publisher, Gail Hamlin-Wilson; managing editor, Donald B. Ricky. 1998.
- Early maps of the Ohio Valley; a selection of maps, plans, and views made by Indians and colonials from 1673 to 1783, Brown, Lloyd Arnold, 1959.
- Ohio's first peoples, James H. O'Donnell III, 2004.
- Ohio's Indian past, by Lar Hothem. 1996.
- The illustrated encyclopedia of Native American mounds & earthworks, by Gregory L. Little ; illustrations by Dee Turman, 2009.
- Secret genealogy IV : Native Americans hidden in our family trees, by Suellen Ocean, 2014.
And much more…
In support of our partners: The Portage Path Collaborative
The Portage Path Collaborative is an assembly of educators, organizations and individuals committed to preserving and sharing the history of the First People of Akron and Summit County. Organizations included are:
Published: October 02, 2020