$8.80 per hour
- Sorts and returns library materials to their proper place on the shelves
- Reads shelves for correctness of arrangement of materials
- Shifts shelves where necessary, as directed
- Checks for missing and/or damaged materials
- Lifts, bends, and climbs as associated with shelving routines
- Performs various tasks assigned by professional Library staff
- Must be at least 14 years of age and have completed and turned in a Work Permit for processing and been issued an “Age and Schooling Certificate” to give to the employer before you can commence work, if you are under the age of 18.
- Must be a full-time student and be available to work between 10-20 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work with a high level of accuracy, the ability to work well with others, the ability to lift with or without reasonable accommodation, and the ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
If interested in working only at Main Library:
Applications will be accepted at the Main Library's Administration reception desk on the 3rd floor from Monday - Friday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If interested in working only at a branch library:
Applications for Student Assistant positions at our 18 branch locations may be returned during regular branch hours to the branch location in which the student would like to work. Students will receive consideration for opportunities at the branch in which the application was returned. Applications may be submitted at several branches simultaneously.
In order to be considered for positions at both Main and branches, applications must be submitted at Main and at any branch location in which the student would like to work.
Student Assistants are not eligible for employee benefits.