Ebooks offer users the benefit of being able to carry several books with them while on the go, as well as the thrill of immediate access. Advantages of downloading ebooks from the Library's collection are that:
- They are free with your library card!
- They can be downloaded at any time—even when the library is not open.
- Users will never receive late fees—the files automatically stop working at the end of their checkout period, and/or the user can simply delete them at or before the end of the checkout period.
- Several ebooks can be loaded onto your computer, ebook reader, or mobile device at the same time—which makes carrying books with you while on the go less cumbersome.
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your favorite device! All with just your Akron-Summit County Public Library card, account must be in good standing, and our digital lending library from OverDrive.
This service lends ebooks, audiobooks, music and video to thousands of libraries worldwide. Library patrons can find and enjoy titles on just about any modern device in seconds with no downloading necessary. ebooks have never been easier.
Check out our extensive ereader guide section and start your ebook experience anytime. You can also access our Overdrive digital lending library catalog and download your favorite titles to your tablet or mobile device.
We've added thousands of digital audiobooks to our collection through RBdigital. This free new service gives you access to over 3,000 unlimited-use titles from classics like Jane Eyre to the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries, and a wide variety of non-fiction titles.
- Have a question or issue with RBdigital? Visit their Support page for more information.
Create a RBdigital account today!
Hoopla's online streaming service let's you borrow ebooks along with comics, audiobooks and more. To learn more about this streaming service, visit our streaming media section.
Should you have additional questions about ebooks, contact the TechZone@Main at 330-643-9145.