Published: January 04, 2019
Take the Library with you anywhere you go with the updated Akron Library mobile app
Akron-Summit County Public Library is pleased to announce a NEW mobile app to make access to your library’s resources even easier! The user-friendly app, built on Communico’s Engage platform, will allow you to do the following from your phone or tablet:
- Search the catalog: Browse our collection for books, movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks and more
- My Account: Manage holds, renew items, check fees and fines, and save your digital eCard
- Branch Locator: Find the nearest branch, view hours, and access click-to-call phone numbers
- Events: Register for events and add them seamlessly to your calendar
- Digital Collection: Explore the library’s huge selection of ebooks, digital audiobooks, magazines, movies and music for download or streaming
- Online Learning: Access free educational resources like Lynda.com, Brain HQ, Transparent Languages, and more
- Ask Us: Contact the library by phone, chat, or email
- Social Media: Connect with the library on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more
Our previous mobile app has been discontinued. It will no longer function as expected and should be uninstalled from your device.
To download the free app, visit the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) and search for “Akron Library.”
Questions or concerns? Please call 330.643.9000 or email us your question. In-person assistance is also available at all library locations.