Digital audiobooks offer users the same quality recordings they are used to hearing on CD, but with the convenience of being able to download the sound recording as a file directly to their computer. The file can then be played back on the computer or transferred to a portable listening device so the user can listen while on the go. Some of these advantages are:
- They are free with your library card!
- They can be downloaded at any time—even when the library is not open.
- Users will never receive late fees—the files automatically stop working at the end of their checkout period, and/or the user can simply delete them at or before the end of the checkout period
- Playing an audiobook file on a computer or personal listening device like a mp3 player does not require transporting or changing CDs or cassettes, nor are there any playback issues due to a scratch or a tear.
We've added thousands of digital audiobooks to our collection through RBdigital. This free new service gives you access to over 3,000 unlimited-use titles from classics like Jane Eyre to the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries, and a wide variety of non-fiction titles.
- Have a question or issue with RBdigital? Visit their Support page for more information.
Create a RBdigital account today!
Download free ebooks and audiobooks to your favorite device! All with just your Akron-Summit County Public Library card, account must be in good standing, and our digital lending library from OverDrive.
This service lends ebooks, audiobooks, music and video to thousands of libraries worldwide. Library patrons can find and enjoy titles on just about any modern device in seconds with no downloading necessary. ebooks have never been easier.
Check out our extensive e-Reader guide section and start your ebook experience anytime. You can also access our Overdrive digital lending library catalog and download your favorite titles to your tablet or mobile device.
Hoopla's online streaming service let's you borrow audiobooks along with ebooks, comics and more. To learn more about this streaming service, visit our streaming media section.
Should you have additional questions about digital Audiobooks, contact the TechZone@Main at 330-643-9145.