Friends of the Norton Branch Library
The Friends of the Library (FOL) groups of the Akron-Summit County Public Library (ASCPL) play an important role in supporting one of the community's most important institutions. Each of the Library's 18 locations benefits from the assistance of FOL members and volunteers.
The purpose of Friends of the Library groups is fourfold:
- To provide financial support by generating supplemental income to help fulfill the Library's mission;
- To provide volunteer help to the Library when and where needed;
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors and promote an informed interest in the Library's services, programs, and materials; and
- To establish closer relations between the Library and the community.
To fulfill this purpose, FOL groups may:
- Initiate and carry out fundraising projects to benefit the Library;
- Co-sponsor Library programs; and
- Help share the Library's purpose and message with the community.
The Friends of Norton Branch Library is an organization committed to supporting the work of the Library.
- We raise funds for Library projects and activities through book sales, membership donation, and other Friends fund-raising programs.
- We purchase special supplies and materials to support the Library’s programs, collections, and buildings.
- We support the mission of the Library in the community.
When you join the Friends of Norton Branch Library you’ll receive:
- A copy of the Library’s newsletter, ShelfLife, mailed to your home or office.
- A 15% discount on all regularly-priced purchases at the Library Shop at Main, Main Library.
How Can I Become A Member?
Just fill out an application at your Norton branch and return it with a check for the Friends of Norton Branch Library Annual Membership gift.
Annual membership gift to the Friends of the Norton Branch Library is as follows:
- Student (grades K-12) – $1
- Individual - $2
- Family - $5
- Organization – $10
- Corporation– $25