Click image for enlarged view
The network of roads in Tallmadge Township laid out by David Bacon all converged at the Town center, eventually creating what is known today as “Tallmadge Circle.” Sign posts such as the one pictured here were found all around the circle at each of the incoming roads to assist travelers in identifying the road they wanted depending on their destination. The signpost Ruth Lorenson posed in front of in 1918 would have been located on the North Road as the homes of Will Hine and William Pitkin can both be seen in the background.
Title: Ruth Lorenson under the signpost
Related Information: Lawrence Collection
Size: 2.25 x 4 inches
Streets and Roads-Tallmadge