Tallmadge History Digital Exhibit

Establishing & Growing Tallmadge


Click image for enlarged view

Description
In 1915, the city of Akron installed a new water main bringing water from Lake Rockwell to Akron through a 48 inch main pipe.  Later, a 36 inch pipe line was added next to it.  These main pipes enter Tallmadge at Northeast Avenue, continue through the circle and then on to Akron by way of Southwest Avenue.

Tallmadge did not have its own municipal water supply until 1954.  Until that time, it depended on private wells for both residential and industrial water supply.

Title: Akron Water Line

Author/Creator: unknown

Date: 1913

Related Information: Lawrence Collection

Size: 4.5 x 2.5 inches

Subjects:
Tallmadge Circle
Water-Akron
Water-Tallmadge

Source: waterline.tiff

<< Previous Next >>